The Historical Sample of the Netherlands (HSN) offers a representative sample of about 78.000 people born in the Netherlands during the period 1812-1922. The HSN-database containing individual life-courses is a unique tool for research in Dutch history and demography.
The HSN is located at the IISH. More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
On the HSN pages:
- More about HSN, its history and activities.
- Information about the HSN data, the sources and the structure.
- Research projects, making use of HSN data.
- Products, like releases, publications, and presentations.
- Links to other sources on the internet.
Life Courses in Context. A collaboratory based on Dutch population registers and censuses (19th and 20th century). An overview of the data.