From 23 until 25 March, thirty prominent researchers from all over the world will meet at the IISH to discuss the theme Exile Studies in Global Labour History and Global Migration History. Both Global Labour and Global Migration History are spearheads in IISH’s research program. Subjects for debate will be: What can research in the field of Exile learn from these concepts and How can research on Exile, with its focus on transcultural questions and problems, contribute to Global Labour / Migration History?
Specific and general effects of Exile on the economic, political and cultural landscape of the country of birth of the exiled will be discussed from a comparative and interdisciplinary viewpoint.
The conference is subdivided in six sections:
- Persecution, Expulsion, Exodus: results of wars and political upheavals
- Concepts of Exile in Literature and Literary Theory
- Archives, Memory, Research
- Family, Friendship, Politics
- Transfer of Arts and Sciences
- Political, social and cultural satus of "Migrants"
Languages spoken during the conference: German and English. The conference is organized by the Gesellschaft für Exilforschung.
For more information please contact Dr. Ursula Langkau-Alex, email@example.com.