The IISH collections comprise archive, library and audio-visual material with a thematic emphasis on social and emancipatory movements. The Institute holds over 3,000 archives, more than 1,000,000 printed volumes, and an equivalent number of audio-visual items including posters.
All the collections can be accessed through the IISH catalogue - search.socialhistory.org.
For information on specific materials, go to:
- For information on the main themes and regions in the Institute's collections, go to collection guides or region desks (Africa, Asia, Latin America, Middle East, Russia)
- For information on consulting and availability of collections, go to Services or contact the Reading Room staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
- IISH Mission Statement on the general collection profile
Collection highlights are given special attention. See also:
- labour history resources at labourhistory.net
- the item of the day
- virtual exhibitions
- previous Highlights at iisg.nl
Read more about projects related to collections, e.g. Hope, Hitime, and The 'Centrale' digitization.
We welcome supplements to the collections. For donations or deposits please contact one of the collections staff members.
The Social History Shop - the IISH webshop - offers high quality reproductions of posters and photos from the IISH collections.
Copies from collection items for research purposes can be ordered through the IISH catalogue.