The HSN offers a representative sample of about 78.000 people born in the Netherlands during the period 1812-1922. The HSN-database containing individual life-courses is a unique tool for research in Dutch history and demography.
The HSN Annual Report 2017 is now available (PDF).
Release 2018.01 of the HSN standardized, HISCO-coded and classified occupational titles (HISCLASS, HISCAM, SOCPO and OCC1950) is now available.
The HSN Annual Report 2016 is now available (PDF).
Kick off GIANTS project
At the 7th of September, the kick off of the GIANTS project took place at IISG. In this project, fully entitled ‘Giants of the modern world. A new history of heights and health in The Netherlands, 1811-1940’, the height of a subsample from HSN Research Persons (males) will be recorded from the recruitment registers. For more information about GIANTS use this link.
3 positions at HSN
Older news can be found in the news archive.
On the HSN pages:
• More about HSN, its history and activities.
• Information about the HSN data, the sources and the structure.
• Research projects, making use of HSN data.
• Products, such as releases, publications and presentations.
• Links to other sources on the internet.
T +31 20 66 85 866