Studied Modern History at the Free University Amsterdam. He started working at the IISH in 1988, successively at the Collections department, the Digital Projects department, and the Public Services department.
At the moment working as Manager Collections.
Involved in several collections projects:
- to improve the workflow and preservation of digital objects
- to convert collection metadata into linked data
- to improve the preservation of and the access to oral history collections
- to enrich archival metadata with named entities
- to transcribe and enrich the membership cards of Dutch diamond workers
- to maintain the biographical dictionary of dutch volunteers in the Spanish Civil War
- involved in presenting new collections to the Friends of the IISH.