In addition to its core mission of collecting and research, since its foundation the Institute has been active in the area of scholarly publications: journals, books, and, increasingly, online open access publications.
The International Review of Social History (IRSH, published since 1956) is one of the leading international journals in social and economic history. The Tijdschrift voor Sociale en Economische Geschiedenis/Low Countries Journal of Social and Economic History (TSEG), published on behalf of the Institute and the Dutch-Economic History Archive (NEHA), is one of the premier Dutch-Flemish journals in social and economic history.
All online publications are accessible and available as free downloads (open access). Check the IISH Research Papers or the Biographical Dictionary of socialism and the workers' movement in the Netherlands (BWSA).
- all publications are also available at our library, please consult search.socialhistory.org.
- check also the publications by the individual IISH researchers.
- Book Blog on books based on IISH collections.
- A list of external publications based on IISH collections.
- for more information on these publications or possibilities to publish, please contact the Publications department (firstname.lastname@example.org).